9.28.2011

Halloween Purses

Remember how I mentioned that I went a little crazy and bought way too much Halloween material? Remember how I created my own Holiday called Halloween in July instead of Christmas in July? Remember how I decided to make all my sisters, mom, and sister-in-laws purses since I had bought so much luxurious fabric?

I did it! I finally finished the last two bags! I had previously mailed out all the bags to everyone and now my littlest sister has finally got hers. Of course, I didn't take pictures of all the bags, I'm forgetful sometimes. But this is the front of my bag in that hideously wonderful Alexander Henry 'The Ghastlies' old lady fabric. I love the old ladies in this fabric. You can just feel them glaring disapprovingly at you whenever you look at them. No wonder I feel guilty all the time lately.


Even thought I bought yards and yards of many different, velvety soft, cotton fabrics I still had to piece the front of my bag together because I didn't have enough. I guess I should have bought just a little bit more.


Lesson learned for next year, 'When in Doubt, Buy More Fabric.' Thought I already knew that, but obviously I didn't. Next year I will be better prepared. Maybe you need to place your order now, then I'll have even more excuses to buy fabric!

5 comments:

quilts and quirks said...

Oh, I love your Halloween bag Donna. I adore mine. It is so much fun to "wear". Life is funny, how a new bag makes us happy. Thanks so much Donna. Think of all the happiness you created!! in the next few weeks. Love you.

Lonita said...

Impressive! I love the fabric on my bag - all of them are so unique!

Jeni Allen said...

Gorgeous! I just switched to my Halloween purse yesterday! Wanted to make sure I got the most out of my cool purple purse! I love it! I'll be sporting it when I come visit in two weeks.

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love my bag!!! I have been using it since Sept 1!!!

Krissie said...

I love my new purse! I've been showing it off to anyone I know!