- Small, useless public library without a drive-by book-drop, creating lots of late fees
- Few parks for the kids and without the newest and coolest contraptions to play on
- Not enough stoplights
- Nothing within walking distance, maybe biking distance but not walking distance
- Not much of a cultural arts scene, unless you count the High School yearly play
- A lot of people know your business, especially the stuff you don't want anybody to know
- Lack of restaurants to choose from making Friday dinner dull and repetitious, sandwiches at home isn't so bad after all. No specialty restaurants unless you count chicken fried steak as a specialty, but definitely not sushi.
- Few or no walking paths, but plenty of neighborhood sidewalks
- Walmart is the best choice for almost all your shopping, we have three closer than any other acceptable big box store
Hope this cures your jealousy of my small town living.
Actually I like it enough here that this stuff doesn't bother me, but it might someone else and I just wanted you to have an informed decision before you moved to the country.