3.30.2010

Book Comparisons

I recently checked my Goodreads account. I just finished reading World War Z: An oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks. It was a good book. Left me wanting more and trying to find out more about the war! Too bad there aren't any other books about the Zombie War. I love history books and this one was interesting.

While I was there I thought I'd check out what my friends were reading. Here's a sampling of what they're reading:
Pride and Prejudice
The Goose Girl
The Swan Thieves
Firefly Lane
The Host

Boy, couldn't be much different than my list if I tried. Why didn't I get any of those sappy, girl-movie genes? But now I'm off to read Lost City of Z. It's about some guy trying to find a lost city in the Amazon. It's not about Zombies, although that would have been pretty cool.

4 comments:

sally said...

Hey Hey Hey, The Swan Thieves is so not a girl book. It's by the same lady that wrote The Historian, an all time favorite. I'm not finished yet so I can't give you a full synopsis.

SamBamby said...

You should take a gander at Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

"Complete with romance, heartbreak, sword fights, cannibalism, and thousands of rotting corpses, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you'd actually want to read."

Jeni Allen said...

I'm branching out a bit, I'm reading a end of times series right now. I think the first one is called "Left Behind". It was great, half way through the second book. I got all 8 or 9 in the series at the thrift store! I don't usually find such a good deal! I usually bomb out there. I usually have better luck at Target!

Grandpa said...

I guess I had better put my list up, although I doubt you all have been reading my list this year. Starting with Jesus the Christ.