6.21.2008

Pedicure Pampering?

I went to get a pedicure today. I was so excited! I made an appointment with a salon where I had received a gift certificate. Bonus, wonderful pampering free of charge! I got there and was shown into a dark room in an old house renovated for a Salon/Day Spa for Hell. They sat me in an old hair cutting chair covered in dark stains lifted off the ground. There was no nice plush chair with a massager for the back and a head rest. At least they took that into consideration and put it against the wall so I could rest my head on the wall. Then I realized there was no sink of warm bubbling water. Quickly she brought in a Conair foot soaking tub I could have bought at KMart for less than $10. She plugged it in and got it bubbling at least. After soaking for a few minutes and then the regular pampering, massaging, and getting the feet ready, she started painting. I had decided to go with the French Tip because it is so cute. After painting the tips in what looked like paper white-out she went back over them and smoothed out the lines with that hard stick. Then she proceeded with some stringy clear to paint the whole nail. Then, after messing with a few of the white lines, she cleaned them off and repainted those toes. Thankfully, she was done at that point. I left in those ridiculous flip flops and got in the car. I figured that at least my toes looked cute. Then an hour later I looked at my toes and the white tips had bled down farther onto the toes! It looked like Baby had painted my toes!

4 comments:

sally said...

That is just too funny. When I saw the photo of your toes I was thinking - I hope she doesn't think the toes look nice. So was this freaky place in town or farther north?

grapeape said...

eegads!! you'll have to tell me which place in Payson so i don't make the mistake of going there! i need a pedicure so badly...

Donna said...

Don't go to Serendipity!

Potter Family said...

I got a KICK out of your posting!! I can't believe they used a conair foot bat. COME ON PEOPLE!!! Thank you for the laugh and the pic of the feet!!